Word of God speak, let it fall down like rain....

seeking God's plan for my life, one day at a time...

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Fresh Start...

Well it seems as though God has a bigger plan for me than I thought. It's funny how for a short period of time something can feel so right and with the sweep of a storm things can change directions so quickly. The past few weeks for me have been that storm...and my life is now heading in a different direction. I'm not sure as to where that is and to be honest it's a little scary, but at the same time exciting. God works in mysterious ways, and I don't think we'll ever fully understand why things happen or the way things happen, and I don't think we're supposed to know...if we were...what point would there be in having faith or putting our trust in God? As hard and difficult all of what I've been going through, and I'm sure will continue to be challenging for a while, I know who holds it all. I know that can sound so cliche and something that you see on a sappy spiritual card you'd pick out at Mitchells or something, but the fact of the matter is that it's true. Yes right now, I'm very broken, hurt, emotional beyond words but...I have faith that there are better days ahead...

A friend shared something with me today and it was such a blessing because it was something that I really needed to hear....

Substitute your own name into Isaiah 41...

But you, oh Jess, my servant
whom I have chosen
you descendant of Abraham my friend,
I took you from the ends of the earth,
from the farthest corners I called you.
I said, "You are my servant";
I have chosen you and not rejected you.
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
"All who rage against you will surely be ashamed and disgraced;
those who oppose you will be as nothing and perish.
Though you search for your enemies,you will not find them.
Those who rage war against you will be as nothing at all.
For I am the Lord, your God,
who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, 'do not fear';
I will help you.
Do not be afraid Jess, oh my little one,
For I myself will help you," declares the Lord,
your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    I found this poem and thought it was a wonderful analogy. It's true that God works in mysterious ways. And for me, personally, i have to keep reminding myself that God see the big picture. He knows us better than we know ourselves and loves us so much. He wants the best for us and when we go through storms, he is there.

    I thought of posting the poem footprints, it's a favourite of mine and one that I've read many times... but I also came across this and just thought I'd share it with you.

    In my thoughts and prayers,
    Love
    Shannon
    ****************************

    REMEMBER THIS OLD TREE

    A stately tree stood by the stream
    Where sparkling waters flowed,
    Her trunk was gnarled and badly scarred,
    Her branches deeply bowed.

    For many years she'd stayed the storms,
    Withstood the windy blasts,
    Her roots, sunk deep beneath the soil,
    Tenaciously held fast.

    At times she swayed so furiously
    She thought her boughs would break;
    The winds did heave her to and fro,
    The ground did firmly shake.

    Yet further down her roots did grow,
    Her anchor firmly set,
    She raised her branches to the sky
    Her praises to beget.

    For each new storm that came her way
    Forced her to take strong hold,
    And all the trials and stormy blasts
    Caused her to grow fourfold.

    When winds of tribulation blow,
    Our faith takes root and grows;
    And when shaken by life's trials,
    God's strength He then bestows.

    So when the trials of life befall,
    Remember this old tree;
    And thank God for each storm that comes
    Which serves to strengthen thee

    Linda J. Stevenson
    Roanoke, Virginia

     

Post a Comment

<< Home