Word of God speak, let it fall down like rain....

seeking God's plan for my life, one day at a time...

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Back to blogging...

I realise it's been quite some time since I've posted a blog...but I feel very inspired to write especially because of the way that I feel God is working and moving in my life at this very moment. I had some time today to really dig into God's Word, which to be honest it's been a while. The past 3 weeks or so, I've drawn closer to God through some rough times and I am blown away just to how faithful he has been to me and my prayers. Back to his word...today I had several passages that really just jumped out at me, some that I've read over and over again but never really meant something to me until now. I just want to share a few and I pray that in some way they will speak to you as they did me.

Romans 5:1-5

Therefore, since we have been justified through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand, and we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, becuase we know that suffereing produces perseverance; perseverance character; and character hope. And hope does not disapoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit whom he's given us.

Philippians 1:9-11

And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ- to the glory and praise of God.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-17

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure if what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

James 1:12

Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will recieve the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.

James 1:19-20

Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about righteous life that God desires.

Philippians 4:6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home