Word of God speak, let it fall down like rain....

seeking God's plan for my life, one day at a time...

Monday, October 30, 2006

Procrasintation..

Right now what I should be doing is studying for my 2 mid-terms this week, reading, or memorizing my lines for a play that I'm in at school...but obviously I'm doing none of the above. There's been a lot going on the past few months, still just trying to work through some things and the last place that my mind is right now is on school. I find myself longing for christmas break so that I have a few weeks to relax..well sortof...I'll still be working my butt off at work....but at least I wont have school on top of that.

Right now I'm just really struggling with being happy with my life as it is right now...instead of constantly living in the future...hoping that it will somehow get better. BUT....

I was reminded on sunday at church during the sermon that as much as we may think our lives couldn't get any worse, the reality is...there is much worse that could happen to us then we in western society experience. A statistic that was shared with us was that in the 1990's over 1.7 million people died because of Martyrdom...that's 1/2 the population of Toronto!!!! That number really struck me...as that morning before church I was complaining about a bunch of different aspects of my life...none of which compare to death for what I believe in!

I think I, and probably many others, need to re-evaluate how we percieve our lives and what happens to us, and be thankful for the free Country that we live in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home