Word of God speak, let it fall down like rain....

seeking God's plan for my life, one day at a time...

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I did it!!!

Well it's offical, I have finally met one of my running goals!!! This past weekend I ran my first 10km race at the Toronto Zoo along with some of my Running Room buddies. Above is a pic of Dave, Me, and Jim just minutes after we crossed the finish line. All of us did it in under an hour which was our goal. I came in at 58 minutes 47.6 seconds and 771th place out of 2200!!!! WHOO! It was probably one of the most exhilirating things I've ever done...I'm sooooo addicted! Bring on the half marathon! I'm STOKED!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great Job Jess - That is something that I would really like to do some time. However I think that at this point, rather than being stoked, I'd have a stroke! It's been two years since I've been active in sports and it's only now in the pass month and I have been attending Premier Fitness. It's taking a while for me to get some endurance back. But eventuallyI would love to be in a marathon sometime...perhaps we could go today when I FINALLY decide to do so!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home