Word of God speak, let it fall down like rain....

seeking God's plan for my life, one day at a time...

Saturday, March 24, 2007

12:04 am

So it's 12:04 am..

Why am I not sleeping? Well...I've had quite a bit on my mind lately. I find it funny how most of our thought process happens at night when we should be sleeping or we're trying to sleep. Weird! Anyways...over the past week or so God has blessed me in so many ways and I'm amazed that through different circumstances how his work in my life can be so evident when I just take the opportunity to step back and let him show me. I'm blown away with some of the clarity that I feel but at the same time so much is still unknown. So as I lay here contemplating my life, asking God "why" questions...I am reminded to trust...

Jeremiah 17:7-8

But Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It had no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's affirming in these difficult times to see you use the word "trust". This has been our prayer for you this past week - that you may 'trust'.

    Jess, it is not always important that we know God's plan for our lives. Sometimes knowing His plan actually diminishes our trust in Him.

    It is not always good to feel good. Often feeling good diverts our trust from Him and causes us to trust our feelings or the cause of those feelings.

    Trust is indispensable to spiritual health, since as we trust Him, we honour Him the most.

    We've seen you honour Him over the last few weeks; we've seen you trust Him.

    May you continue to be nourished by the One Who alone is trustworthy. You remain in our prayers Jess. That will not change.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home