Word of God speak, let it fall down like rain....

seeking God's plan for my life, one day at a time...

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Chick flicks...yay? or nay?

Ok ladies...or gentlemen...ahem...

I have a question for all you chick flick movie buffs such as myself.....

Do chick flicks distort and candy coat relationships and love? Do they give us false hope and too high expectations? Are they healthy for us single gals or guys out there to be wrapping ourselves up in a pretend world?

thoughts?

then maybe i'll share my opinion....

2 Comments:

  • At 7:10 AM, Blogger Debs said…

    Well, I love chick flicks! Yeah they candy coat relationships but no movie is every realistic, they're always Hollywood! And sometimes you just need a good, pointless cry, you know!

    I'm saying YAY!

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey chicky...oh how appropriate..anyways, I really do love chick flicks, but I NOW know that they are nothing more than a fairytale. I have to admit that I did get sucked in by this idea of the "perfect relationship" in my early teens and this idea stuck with me throughout all of my relationships. In fact, so much that, I expected that my relationship with Jase to contain those characteristics of the "perfect relationship" which Hollywood portrays. That had negative consequences on my relationship at the time and things only changed after I came too see that...it's just not realistic. So yeah...that's my gig. I think we need to keep in mind that Hollywood is Hollywood and even those celebrities who appear perfect, AREN'T. I once hear Cindy Crawford say, "Not even I wake up in the morning looking like Cindy Crawford".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home