Word of God speak, let it fall down like rain....

seeking God's plan for my life, one day at a time...

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

amazing reminder..

I'm taking a class monday nigths called Using Personal Narrative in Youth Ministry. Last night was the first class and it was so amazing. Basically what the class is, we're going to learn how to use our own personal testimony to minister to youth. I have no doubt that this class may be very emotionally draining as we dig up the dirt from our past and talk about it infront of the class (one of our assignments is to present our testimony to the class) and in small groups, and pull apart ways that we can use our eperiences to cousel youth and how to let God use us through our stories.

God really spoke to me lastnight through my professor, she went on a little tangent that turned into a 20 min sermon but it was exactly what I've been needing to hear for a while. She talked about how Bible college among other places...like camp...are Satan's playground...and how those are places where people are learning about God and where there are people so full of passion and fire for God that he tries everything possible to put junk in our way. But no matter what, God is on our side, and he will NEVER leave us nor forsake us, and that God is all powerful and can give us the strength to fight the enemy. We just need to say...satan...I'm done with you..try as you may to bring me down...but I have the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ living in me and I know his Truth.

It was just such a good reminder, one that I desperatley needed, and I'm so excited what God has instore for this class and how much it's going to affect my life!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Esther Atkins said…

    "We just need to say...satan...I'm done with you..try as you may to bring me down...but I have the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ living in me and I know his Truth."

    Yes!! AMEN! Remember..elastic band therapy! :P Expose the lie and speak truth into it! You definitely do have God with in and that will never change!!

    P.S I think you should put a word filter on to get rid of the stupid spam comments!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home