Word of God speak, let it fall down like rain....

seeking God's plan for my life, one day at a time...

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

empty

I feel empty. Camp is usually the place where I feel the closest to God and right now, I'm just wondering where he is. This summer has been my hardest at camp so far, in many different ways. And at a time when I feel I need God really close to me, he seems to be the farthest away...or maybe it's that I'm the one falling away. I'm resposible for teaching the kids Bible on Thursdays.....and it's the lesson about Jesus. And as much as I know the story, and have grown up learning that Jesus died on the cross for our sins, I find it so hard to just express that to the kids in a way that they will understand and recognize the importance of Jesus in thier lives. But how can I teach them about something that I'm struggling with in my own life. I feel so discouraged and keep questioning...why I'm doing this?

I also have alot of other situations going on at the same time, that I'm not sure how to deal with, all of which include my weaknesses and satan pulling at them...trying to get me to stumble.

I need prayer...especially because I'm not that good at it right now. I need strength, and patience, wisdom and self-control.


Until later,

2 Comments:

  • At 6:56 AM, Blogger jill said…

    I'm praying for you Jess! Life is tough and camp is all the more strenuous. If I were there, I would give you a big hug-you're an incredible person and I know that God is using you even though you're struggling right now. Remember that God knows what you need right now, even though you're not sure and He is in control. Keep the faith! See you soon!

    Love Jill

     
  • At 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home