Word of God speak, let it fall down like rain....

seeking God's plan for my life, one day at a time...

Friday, March 04, 2005

RANT!!!!!

I've noticed that a common topic among my friends lately is dating/courting, love, marriage...the whole bit! The whole motion of it consumes our brains to the point where we can't focus on more important things....like..ahem....GOD! I was having a chat with a good friend lastnight about it and one thing that she said which stuck out was, We spend so much time thinking and worrying about relationships that God just get's pushed aside. And it's so true. I can think of so many times where I've let my thoughts about relationships take over, and I've tried to do everything my way, and pushed God out. Why do we do that? Because we're impatient, and we think that we know what's best for us. And we think that God needs help form us to pick "the one". But the truth is....HE DOESN'T NEED OUR HELP! We need to sit back, trust him, and let him wow us with his amazing plans. Is this easy to do? Not at all. God doesn't expect us to be perfect, we're human and we were born into a word of sin, but the least we can do is strive for perfection! As hard as it may be, we need to work towards being satisfied with who we are in Christ, and know that even if we don't get married one day, we'll be ok, because we have the love of Christ Jesus, which is the greatest love of all.

To be honest, I struggle with this everyday, and I know so many other people who do as well. But I think as young Christians we need to help keep eachother accountable. We are still so young, and God is doing so much in our lives, but he so often gets pushed out because we involve ourselves in realtionships that are not centred around him. I have so much respect for young couples that do have Christ in the centre of their relationship. That's what we need to strive for. Why do we date then? Because our hormones tell us we want to? Or are we all looking for "the one"?

I made an observation lastnight at TDI, what is it with guys and girls who have to be touching eachother all the time? I felt as though I was in the middle of a animal mating ritual. Guys, sitting on girls, girls with their arms around guys, putting thier hand on eachother's legs, playing with hair, cuddling...blah, blah, blah. Have we all lost respect for our bodies and eachother? How can we keep eachother accountable when we're causing eachother to SIN! Girls, we complain that guys are only after one thing...and all that crap....but we're the ones who tease them to make them want it. We need to respect ourselves, dress appropriately and not let any guy touch us whenever they feel like it. And guys, you can help keep the girls accountable, and respect your bodies aswell, did you know that every girl you touch, or kiss, is someone's future wife, someone's daughter, someone's sister. Think about it, do you want your future wife to be mauled by a bunch of other guys. I don't think so, so why do you maul someone elses wife? The same goes for girls.....we are all human, and we all stumble, but I jsut think that we can help eachother with it.

I know this was a bunch of mumble jumble, and might not made a whole lot of sense but i hope you get something out of it.

Just respect the body God gave you, remember that it is a temple of the Lord!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home