Word of God speak, let it fall down like rain....

seeking God's plan for my life, one day at a time...

Monday, February 28, 2005

2 things....

Today was a real eye opening day for me. First thing, lately I've really been struggling with what it is I want to do with my life, what I want to study at school, what I want to do as a career etc...
But today, I was having tea with someone, just chatting and this topic came up, and i mentioned how there are several things that I'm trying to decide about, and she said something that jsut hit me, and everything clicked, she said "why can't you do it all? you don't have to stick to one thing you're whole life, if you have dreams, why not go for it and do them all?" After hearing that I felt as If the huge bricks that have been on my shoulders for so long just became so much lighter. Why not do it all? Why not go to school and get a degree in religious education, why not do some work in full time ministry, why not get my ECE and work with kids for a while, why not do some missions work and travel around the world? ALL things are possible through CHRIST!

Dreams can't come true if you don't have any!

Ok, second thing! Tonight my human development class was on DID (disociative identity disorder). Wow, was it ever powerful. DID is basically the new name for multiple personality syndrome. Anyways, this topic really struck me hard. We had a guest speaker who works in DID ministry. DID is commonly associated with strong demonic overtones and it is caused by a traumatic event in childhood such as abuse where the child creates an alternate identity to deal with the pain and suffering caused by the trauma. Satan uses these situations to his advantage and can really tear a person apart and really break them. What DID ministry is, is dealing with people who have the disorder and taking the identities back to the situation in their past and showing them the love of Jesus and getting those evil overtones to leave them. I don't knwo why this tugged on my heart stings so much but it has made me want to do further research into and see if this is somehting that i would like to pursue or if this is a ministry that i would liek to be a part of. If anyone has any interest in this or knwos anything about it, leave a commetn, I'd love to talk about it with you.

Alright I think that's it for today

Blessings,

2 Comments:

  • At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »

     
  • At 6:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very nice site! » » »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home