Word of God speak, let it fall down like rain....

seeking God's plan for my life, one day at a time...

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

The Salvation Army....

I've been reading a lot of other peoples blogs lately, and I've found that a common topic is The Salvation Army. I've never written anything about it, because I don't want to pretend that I'm all passionate about it, when I'm not. I've grown up in a Salvation Army church my whole life, my parents are officers, everything I've known was eat, sleep, breathe Salvation Army. I think it's absolutely wonderful that there are a lot of young people out there who are passionate about the army and want to see renewal and revival. (ok, I'm not saying that I don't want that) The thing with me is that, ok yes I grew up with it, but that doesn't mean that I know all about it. I think a lot of Army young people need to be aware of what exactly it is they believe, like the Army Doctrines. I bet if you asked a handful of young salvationists why they don't take communion or haven't been baptized they wouldn't know what to say. To be honest, not long ago I was one of those people. But that just goes to show that maybe, we, as young salvationists need to educate ourselves before we get passionate about something that we don't really know much about. That's not hard to do, sit down have a chat with your DYS or CO or someone who know's alot about the subject and just ask questions. Yeah there's junior soldiers, and corps cadets, but I don't remember a thing that I learned from corps cadets. And that was part of the reason why I didn't continue on and become a a senior soldier...to me the senior soldier covenant was just a bunch of rules on a piece of paper that the church wanted to to sign. But it is much more than that. I still haven't made the decision to become one...but maybe once I learn more about just how much it does mean, well then maybe it will be something for me. I don't know if this is making any sense. I'm not saying that all young salvationist don't know what they believe, what I'm saying is that there are some who don't. So for the people who do, encourage others to learn more, and then maybe they'll find that passion for renewal and revival. OK..i think thats it for my thoughts.


In Christ,

Jess

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home