Word of God speak, let it fall down like rain....

seeking God's plan for my life, one day at a time...

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Materiality

Well, I've come to the conclusion that I have a problem with materiality. But the first thing to overcoming a problem is admitting you have one right? Ok, well I tend to spend most of the money I make on things that shouldn't really matter instead of saving my money for school, tithing etc...

This is very personal and is hard to admit, but I figured that posting it on my blog with help with accountabliltiy.

So, I'm not really sure why but I have this obsession with clothes, and it's not jsut any clothes...usually name brand clothes. For those of you who know me you knwo it's impossible for me to go into Roots without buying something, or American Eagle for that matter. And Lately because I work at Jacob Connexion, and have to wear thier clothes for work...now most of my money goes there. I'm not really sure what started this or how it got so out of control. I've thought about, you know, giving some of my clothes away, or selling, but I jsut can't do it. Like if I get rid of some of it, that will jsut give me reason to go buy more. Ahhh It's so frustrating. I've depended on clothes and other material things to make me happy, but let me jsut tell you that it doesn't work! I've been praying alot about this and asking God to help me be wise with my money. I just ask for your prayers aswell. I don't knwo if anyone else struggles with anythign similar, I'd love to chat about it:)


Blessings,