Word of God speak, let it fall down like rain....

seeking God's plan for my life, one day at a time...

Sunday, March 06, 2005

humbling indeed

SO, I could say that today was the worst day ever but....I did learn something.

I got a ride to church this morning which was great, and usually I take the bus half way home afterwards and then i get picked up. Well today, since I wasn't going to be picked up I was planning on taking the bus home the whole way. When I got to the half way mark (kennedy and steeles for those fo you who know toronto) i went to the marham transit bus stop, checked the schedule, and to my surprise NO SERVICE ON SUNDAY!!! So I stood there for a minute, tyring to think of a way to solve my problem. I crossed the street to a gas station with a pay phone and called hom to see if anyone was there..no answer...i called my sister's cell phone...no answer...so i called my mom collect who really couldn't do anything for me cause she's in Newfoundland. Then my mom called my brother in law's parents who live in markham...no answer. so i decided to try a differnt bus route. I jumped back on the bus and went a different way....STILL NO SERVICE!!!! See I would have a taken a taxi but I literally was penniless except for the loonie that i spent on a chocolate bar at the gas station for my lunch. I had enough bus tickets to get back to kennedy and steeles so i went back. Standing in the cold, with no money, no phone, no ride, basically just a coat, no hat no mittens, but i did have a sock that i put on one hand. (the sock was in my purse, a friend returned it) Guess what I did? I cried! Yep...that's what I do best when i'm in a sticky situation. After I calmed myself down, I decided to walk, it couldn't be that far. So i was walking along in the slush, in high heels! And I came accross a pizza pizza, i didn't have any oney but i went in there to get warm, but it was torture, the yummy smell of pizza filled my lungs, and taunted me, so i left and kept walking. I came to another gas station and called my mom again to let her know my progress, got warm and then kept on walking. After walking for 2 hours and 45 minutes I finally got home and colapsed at the front door. See it does kindof sound like the worst day ever....but what I learned is what it's like to have nothing, nothing but the clothes on your back and a few dollars. I jsut thank God that I did get home, safe. I also learned that if I hadn't spent most of my last paycheck on stupid clothes I would ahve had enough money for a taxi home, and for somehting substantial to eat.

Thank you God for teaching me a good lesson!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home