Word of God speak, let it fall down like rain....

seeking God's plan for my life, one day at a time...

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Can't sleep!

Well it's 11:00pm and I can't sleep. Today was just one of those days where my mind is going a mile a minute and I can't keep up. Some good things....some bad things. Something that's really been on my heart lately is that I don't feel I'm doing enough for God. Like I hear all these amazing things that some of my friends are doing, you know being "warriors for God" and all that, and I can't help but think I'm not doing enough. Ya, I can hear people saying now, "well if you don't think you're doing enough then get off your but and do something!" Easier said than done. I don't know what it is exactly God wants me to do. So today I've really been exploring some options...but nothing that I can specifically hear from God. Yes, I'm trying to live my life everyday to honor him, but that doesn't seem like enough to me.....when I think about all that he's done for me, I just fall face down in praise. I want to be a "warrior", no wait a "warrior girl for God" yes that's right Esther.....the band name lives on. I have faith that God will show me how.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:35 PM, Blogger Esther Atkins said…

    Jess...keep the faith that He will show you how!! You are an incredible 'warrior girl for God' (hehe) and you will be rewarded for that!! I struggle with the exact same things..just feeling what I'm doing isn't enough, and I should be doing more blah blah blah...but realize that you can show the kingdom of God in little ways as well, and sometimes thats even more important then huge missions or anything else. Remember that God is the only one who needs to see your works and He's the only one you need to please. You're in a time of preperation right now. God can't use you if you aren't trained for what He wants to use you for! So be patient, keep learning, and stay faithful and it will all come together soon enough! Love you tons chicky!

    Esther

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger jill said…

    Wow! You have no idea how much reading your post was a blessing to me! It's nice to konw someone else is struggling in some of the same areas as me! I totally identify! I feel like it's time for a refreshing change because I am not as effective as I could be and I have to idea how to find it! Anyway, I will totally uphold you in prayer! Be strong!

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Enjoyed a lot! » »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home