Word of God speak, let it fall down like rain....

seeking God's plan for my life, one day at a time...

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

We are made in the image of God!

On my bus ride home today, I was just sitting there staring out the window, and I realized just how much our society is obsessed with sex, and outward beauty. I've always known it, but never accoiated it so much with how it makes me feel about myself. I was looking at the ads at the bus terminals, and the billboards everywhere. Each one containing "skinny girls", and "buff" boys. The more I thought about those images the more it explained to my why "I" myself am so caught up in the way I look. I buy magazines every now and then, and while flipping through the pages I catch myself saying, "I wish I looked like that!", yet the picture I'm looking at is most likely a girl with an eating disorder, and her face has been air brushed and computer generated. Why do we have the mind set that these people are perfect and that we are far from it? Why do we forget that we are made in the image of God, and that he created and formed us in our mothers womb so intracitly and unique from any other person? I know that I personally forget those things, and I let the media determine the way I view myself. Satan is using the media to get to us, through magazines, billboards, t.v. shows, movies...everything. I challenge you to try throwing your magazines away, fast from the media, and billboards and try being spiritually disiplined in these areas. Maybe try using your time more wisely, instead of sitting and watching "America's next top model", or "The Swan", spend that time in communion with God, and ask him to help you love and see yourself the way he does. Ask him to reveal your gifts and talents to you. You are special, and so am I, God made us that way!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home