Word of God speak, let it fall down like rain....

seeking God's plan for my life, one day at a time...

Thursday, December 09, 2004

I'm not copping out.....

Lastnight Esther and I went to see Switchfoot...and let me just say BEST CONCERT EVER!!!!! The thing is though, it wasn't just a concert for me. This past summer at camp Esther and I used to listen to switchfoot everyday. It was our happy music, our sad music, just what we listened to. Not everyone knows that they're a Christian band but if you've ever listened really closely to thier lyrics, you can find a lot of really great stuff. I'd so just love to pick thier brains...lol. Anyways, in the summer thier lyrics really touched me and seeing them live touched me even more. Ya, it was a concert and it was just a band but it turned into worship for me, it may sound weird but I really experienced God. It really hit me how these guys can really connect with youth, and people absoltely love them even though thier songs aren't about sex, drugs etc...
Hey, maybe some of thier lyrics aren't written in the context where they're referring to God, but for me they do...and that's what I love about them. My favourite song is Twenty four, here are the lyrics and then I'll tell you what they mean to me!

24 oceans, 24 skies
24 failures in 24 tries
24 finds me in 24th place
with 24 dropouts at the end of the day

life is not what i thought it was
24 hours ago
still i'm singing take me up in arms with you

24 reasons to admit that I'm wrong
will all my excuses still 24 strong

but see i'm not copping out
when you're raising the dead in me

oh, I'm am the second man
oh, I'm the second man now
oh, I'm the second man now

and you're raising these 24 voices
with 24 hearts
with all of my symphonies in 24 parts
but I want to be one today
centered and true

I want to see miracles
to see the world change
I wrestled the angel
for more than a name
for more than a feeling
for more than a cause
singing spririt take me up in arms with you
you're raising the dead in me


ahhh I love this song...lol ok....what does it mean to me? Well..here goes:
To me this song is all about letting go of the things that tie us down, and being free in Christ. It's About not giving up, and becoming one with God! "I am the second man {woman} now" meaning God is now in charge, "you're raising the dead in me" personally I relate to that line so much...there was a point when I didn't have God, but he raised that dead part of me, and now I'm more alive than ever, I'm alive in CHRIST!

"So I want to be ONE today, centred and true!"

Are you one with Christ? Are you the second person? Or is God first where he should be? Maybe you need to stop copping out and let him raise the dead person in you.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home